Hi 👋 I'm Maxime, and this is my blog. Here, I share through my writing my experience as a frontend engineer and everything I'm learning about on React, Typescript, SwiftUI, Serverless, and testing.
Link redirects to my portfolio https://maximeheckel.com.
Link redirects to my Twitter profile page https://twitter.com/MaximeHeckel.
Get a behind the scenes look at what I'm currently learning, exploring, and creating.
Subscribe to my newsletter to receive a monthly digest containing:
Deep dives into some of my ideas and secret projects that will inspire you 👨💻
Exclusive previews of upcoming articles on frontent development, React, and SwiftUI 🤫
Some of my favorite resources and tips on frontend development or anything I'm currently interested in to further expand your skillset as a developer 📝
Guide to creating animations that spark joy with Framer Motion
An interactive guide introducing everything I've learned about Framer Motion through fun examples and little case studies of animations I built.
Using Shortcuts and serverless to build a personal Apple Health API
Take ownership of your Apple Watch health data with a only few lines of code.
The little guide to CI/CD for frontend developers
How to ship your app faster, more reliably and make your team unstoppable with good testing practices and automation.
- 2021Mar 9Scrollspy demystified
- Feb 2The Power of Composition with CSS Variables
- Jan 19My first failed SwiftUI project
- 2020Dec 15Guide to creating animations that spark joy with Framer Motion
- Nov 2Using Shortcuts and serverless to build a personal Apple Health API
- Oct 13SEO mistakes I've made and how I fixed them
- Sep 16Going native: SwiftUI from the perspective of a React developer
- Aug 25Build your own preview deployment service
- Jul 28The little guide to CI/CD for frontend developers
- Jun 26Immigrating to the US: My path from non-immigrant to permanent resident
- Jun 23The physics behind spring animations
- Jun 9Generate screenshots of your code with a serverless function
- May 12How to use Framer Motion with Emotion styled-components
- May 5Data Fetching with NextJS: What I learned
- Apr 21Learning in public
- Apr 16Fixing the "dark mode flash" issue on server rendered websites
- Mar 31How to fix NPM link duplicate dependencies issues
- Mar 10Running scheduled cross-browser end-to-end tests on Github CI
- 2019Nov 19How I built my first custom ESLint rule
- Sep 24React Lazy: a take on preloading views
- Jul 9Automated UI accessibility testing with Cypress
- May 28Building a GraphQL wrapper for the Docker API
- Mar 5Switching off the lights - Adding dark mode to your React app
- Feb 5Getting started with Typescript on Gatsby
- 2018Dec 4Rebuilding Redux with Hooks and Context
- Nov 6Asynchronous rendering with React
- Oct 16Using Flow generics to type generic React components
- Oct 9How to efficiently type your styled-components with Flow
- Jun 19How I got started with Kubernetes on GKE
- May 1React sub-components Part 3: Whitelisting sub-components with flow
- Apr 16React sub-components Part 2: Using the new Context API
- Feb 26React sub-components
- Jan 10Running Golang tests with Jest