Hi 👋 I'm Maxime, and this is my blog. Here, I share through my writing my experience as a frontend engineer and everything I'm learning about on React, Typescript, SwiftUI, Serverless, and testing.
Link redirects to my portfolio https://maximeheckel.com.
Link redirects to my Twitter profile page https://twitter.com/MaximeHeckel.
Get a behind the scenes look at what I'm currently learning, exploring, and creating.
Subscribe to my newsletter to receive a monthly digest containing:
Deep dives into some of my ideas and secret projects that will inspire you 👨💻
Exclusive previews of upcoming articles on frontent development, React, and SwiftUI 🤫
Some of my favorite resources and tips on frontend development or anything I'm currently interested in to further expand your skillset as a developer 📝
Advanced animation patterns with Framer Motion
A deep dive into Framer Motion's propagation, exit transitions and layout animation patterns through curated examples and interactive playgrounds.
Guide to creating animations that spark joy with Framer Motion
An interactive guide introducing everything I've learned about Framer Motion through fun examples and little case studies of animations I built.
Using Shortcuts and serverless to build a personal Apple Health API
Take ownership of your Apple Watch health data with a only few lines of code.
The little guide to CI/CD for frontend developers
How to ship your app faster, more reliably and make your team unstoppable with good testing practices and automation.
- 2021Apr 20Advanced animation patterns with Framer Motion
- Mar 9Scrollspy demystified
- Feb 2The Power of Composition with CSS Variables
- Jan 19My first failed SwiftUI project
- 2020Dec 15Guide to creating animations that spark joy with Framer Motion
- Nov 2Using Shortcuts and serverless to build a personal Apple Health API
- Oct 13SEO mistakes I've made and how I fixed them
- Sep 16Going native: SwiftUI from the perspective of a React developer
- Aug 25Build your own preview deployment service
- Jul 28The little guide to CI/CD for frontend developers
- Jun 26Immigrating to the US: My path from non-immigrant to permanent resident
- Jun 23The physics behind spring animations
- Jun 9Generate screenshots of your code with a serverless function
- May 12How to use Framer Motion with Emotion styled-components
- May 5Data Fetching with NextJS: What I learned
- Apr 21Learning in public
- Apr 16Fixing the "dark mode flash" issue on server rendered websites
- Mar 31How to fix NPM link duplicate dependencies issues
- Mar 10Running scheduled cross-browser end-to-end tests on Github CI
- 2019Nov 19How I built my first custom ESLint rule
- Sep 24React Lazy: a take on preloading views
- Jul 9Automated UI accessibility testing with Cypress
- May 28Building a GraphQL wrapper for the Docker API
- Mar 5Switching off the lights - Adding dark mode to your React app
- Feb 5Getting started with Typescript on Gatsby
- 2018Dec 4Rebuilding Redux with Hooks and Context
- Nov 6Asynchronous rendering with React
- Oct 16Using Flow generics to type generic React components
- Oct 9How to efficiently type your styled-components with Flow
- Jun 19How I got started with Kubernetes on GKE
- May 1React sub-components Part 3: Whitelisting sub-components with flow
- Apr 16React sub-components Part 2: Using the new Context API
- Feb 26React sub-components
- Jan 10Running Golang tests with Jest